SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Mars in June & July 2018

U Cyg

This is a follow-on from my last post on June 25th which showed images from 21-06-2018 to 25-06-2018. 

Two more images showing the dust storm from 26-06-2018 to 15-07-2018.
I expected size differences in the images given the range of time - but NOT as they show up here! ?  All were taken with the same kit - 8" SCT, 2x barlow, ADC & ASI224mc.

Anyway, I have given up on them now, so here they are warts & all! ?

Mars-June-July-2018.png?raw=1

Mars_June-July-2018-IR742.png?raw=1

Angie

Thanks for the comments: Rob, Simon, Reggie, Martyn, Peter & Pete.  Also thanks to those who pressed the like/thanks buttons. ?

Reggie, there were slight differences in capture & processing, but not enough to show such differences.

Martyn, busy and foolish as I was unwell with a virus for 10 days.  I was sleeping all day, then getting up to image Mars!  Eventually the virus proved that it was stronger than me by knocking me out for 48 hours!
I think our images show the Syrtis Major region along with Hellas (the light area), no volcanoes as far as I am aware.  
Olympus Mons is on  the side facing us at the moment.  I think I may have caught it on this image from the 17th, the smudge between 1 and 2 o clock.  Maybe someone who knows can confirm - or not!  The image is badly processed as I just wanted to see if it was there.  I had hoped to have another go last night, but it was cloudy.

17-07-2018_0047ut.png?raw=1

Angie

Archived