SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Saturn & Jupiter - 15-07-2018

PhotoGav

I had a little session with the Marlborough College 10" Cooke refractor last night. Jupiter was sinking rapidly and the seeing was generally pretty poor, hence not much of an image there. Saturn fared a little better being slightly higher in the sky. Oh how I long for atmospheric clarity and planetary altitude!

Jup_223315-01.thumb.png.8ff0dadb8bd5aa4dcaa62e74b908734f.png

Sat_234813_01.thumb.png.a38ee36b79296a93b821531a14cf4b49.png

The saturn image looks very good much sharper proberbly down to better seeing as you said. I would love to see what the big frac can do in superb skies.

And I'll Second That Gav. The beautiful ethereal tones from is Strat is just sublime.

Thank you all for your positive feedback. Interesting comment about the storm - not sure I see anything other than noise though!!

As for the Mr. Gilmour appreciation society - I am happy to hold regular meetings of the society, where the full back catalogue will be played and played. There will be ample opportunity to share your favourite riff, bend, sustain, effect, vibrato, etc. with the assembly. Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.........

Archived