Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Anyone help with combining Oiii and Ha

Adam, Has something gone wrong with the calibration of O111 ? - see screenshot attached of your raw O111 image. It isn't mono, and there is a lot of interference/noise throughout the frame. Ha looks really clean by comparison. Also the file sizes are vastly different; Ha is 14.7Mb and O111 is 93Mb. 

Your version above looks really good to my eye, i prefer the brown tones ?

TD_NGC7635.thumb.JPG.d9c5840261102c18ef59d95c3436be29.JPG

Sorry I should have @ampleamp that the Oiii is shot with a modified DSLR - I have two ED80s set up together, so I'm experimenting with capturing the different wavelengths simultaneously.  @Xiga has given me tips on combining the two in the past but I cannot seem to manage it with this one.  The Ha is shot with a cooled CCD camera.

Thanks again!

Adam.

Hi Adam

Sorry I’ve been off the grid for the past while moving house, so we’re still without internet at the mo, and will be for another couple of weeks at least. I’m writing this from work, so I’m afraid I can’t view your stacks.
But at a guess, and based on ampleamp’s picture above which looks to be in colour, I’m thinking that you used DSS for stacking the OIII, yes? If so, I would try and use APP for doing the stacks, as it will give you a mono stack which is what you are after.
APP has had a major upgrade pretty recently, which makes calibrating and integrating subs from multiple nights/filters/exposures much, much easier so you should definitely give it another go. If you’re still struggling, create a thread over on the APP forums and post links to your subs. Mabula is very helpful and will even do the integration for you and post screenshots with descriptions of how he did it.

Sorry I can’t be of more help right now. But I agree your version above looks very nice indeed!

28 minutes ago, Xiga said:

Hi Adam

Sorry I’ve been off the grid for the past while moving house, so we’re still without internet at the mo, and will be for another couple of weeks at least. I’m writing this from work, so I’m afraid I can’t view your stacks.
But at a guess, and based on ampleamp’s picture above which looks to be in colour, I’m thinking that you used DSS for stacking the OIII, yes? If so, I would try and use APP for doing the stacks, as it will give you a mono stack which is what you are after.
APP has had a major upgrade pretty recently, which makes calibrating and integrating subs from multiple nights/filters/exposures much, much easier so you should definitely give it another go. If you’re still struggling, create a thread over on the APP forums and post links to your subs. Mabula is very helpful and will even do the integration for you and post screenshots with descriptions of how he did it.

Sorry I can’t be of more help right now. But I agree your version above looks very nice indeed!

Cheers Ciaran, I actually did create a stack from APP, but I didnt attach it as I only saved a version with DPP and it didnt look great.  I'll try again later.

Archived