SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WOW

Wayne86

Hope i have done this correctly..

2 nights of clear skys 1st night stayed in back garden with my star watcher 130 eq2 got to see some stars I never seen before??

Tonight went up next to castleton in a dark spot quickly saw the moon and very quickly venis due to the clouds... but WOW mars you got some red curves on you.. Jupiter WOW your black curve was crazy... Saturn and your rings SUPER WOW must be the nicest thing I have seen in my life was amazing used 25 10 6 plus a x2 Barlow seen nothing like it before in my life. 

Little difficult finding some stars that I wanted as it was basicly dot to dot when I was looking ?? and to finish the night off we also saw 4 comets hitting earth and the ISS right at the end super night...

Thanks for posting this Wayne, does us good to read reports of peoples first Saturns, indeed a real WOW moment that is not easily forgotten.

Wait till you start finding globular clusters, like M13, they are also amazing.

Great stuff Wayne! I love it when the posters enthusiasm leaps right off the page at you! Yes, definitely would've been meteorites falling to earth not comets, but that's a lot in one session, is there a meteor storm going on at the moment?

Meteorites/ shouting stars they where sorry that excited writing about my night I could of said anything like wow I saw top cat in space ?? sure I was reading something and it said they was a meteorite shower at end of month but sighting can be seen as early as mid July. No comets sorry but that would be amazing ??

Looking forward to the full moon so we can investergate that but we have been reading up on these galaxy's and I can't wait to smash the first one that will be a moment I will never forget ??

On 16/07/2018 at 13:48, Wayne86 said:

Looking forward to the full moon so we can investergate that

Don't wait until the full moon! Lunar features are best observed on the division between the illuminated and dark side of the moon, because the shadows are long there. Right now (first quarter) is perfect, let us know how it went!

Archived