Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Rho Ophiuchi cloud complex 13/7/2018

It took me a while to set up and polar align my star adventurer and then frame and focus with backyard Eos. I set the backyard Eos in action and then nipped to my local for a couple of jars .....by the time I got home after an evening of conviviality and nice beer I was too ‘relaxed’ to sort out my dark frames.....so here is a stack of 30 X 180 seconds lights taken with my modified canon 40d with a stock 75/300mm lens set at 75mm, 30X180 seconds, f4.5, iso 1600, stacked in DSS then processed in photoshop and Lightroom.

I always welcome comment and criticism.....

.I know that this will benefit from some calibration frames and I imagine it would look nice processed in pixinsight.....am busy filling my piggy bank ?

0E7AF352-393A-44C8-9E1B-0DF3EBB36F2A.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Top work... I use a modded 40D also... I did this object not too long ago and opted for a bit more color... redder hues.

It's great to have a autorunning kit where you can leave it alone for a few hours and it still operates like intended when left alone.

Archived