Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I've been trying to image a couple of galaxies per night, one pre and one post flip. On early Saturday morning at 1:30am I changed over to M82, and acquired 63 x 3 mins subs, OSC, totalling 3 hours and 9 minutes of data.
Camera: ZWO 2600MC at -10 deg C, gain 100, offset 50
Telescope: Skywatcher 250PX (blue tube), 1200mm F4.7
Mount: Mesu e200
Guiding: ZWO OAGv2, 290MM, PHD2
Software: APT for capture, APP and PS for processing
I havent really had a chance to get much use out of this camera since I bought it in December, and I havent processed many OSC images before. I've a bit of work to do, but still very happy with the quality of the data for just 3 hours of integration time. I would like to add some Ha to this, but purposely didnt bother during the recent clear spell, as it was moonless nights and I gathered some broadband data on other targets instead.
Last night started off so clear (an unexpected according to CO) so managed to drag the rig out onto the patio.
Nebula targets that are above houses and trees are few and far between at moment for me but ad a go at Horsehead initially then Heart.
But I was not happy with the images I was getting and a close look showed the focus was not precise, in fact far from it.
So using the auto focuser in EKOS I tried tuning it in.
But each time I tried it failed.
I did look on line for suggested parameters and that was not too useful as there were suggestions to use just about every combination possible.
Now, maybe there is a wide range of parameters being used and which you find best may depend on camera and FL of the scope setup, I think I do not understand the mechanism of auto focusing enough, I sort of assumed it just moved the focusser in and out to get the star it had chosen as small as it would go.
One thing I did find is that even after trying many different parameters already suggested as the best on-line if the stars had halos due to being a fair way out of focus it never achieved focus at all and basically I ended up manually focusing inwards for a while to see if the image got better, then if not move it outwards, until the stars were pretty much in focus and then an auto focus did pretty well and got the stars pin point.
So is that what other people find ?
Is that pretty normal for most auto focus algorithms ?
Also I thought this might be a good place for people to maybe say what parameters they use in EKOS and mention the scope and camera if that is relevant ?
If there is somewhere with this info I apologize profusely 🙂
I have been imaging the California nebula and found that there was a large gradient in the final image. I have now taken some flat frames for the setup and found that the gradient was in all of the photos and took up about 1/3 of the sensor space.
I have attached an image of a flat frame to show the issue.
I am currently using a skywatcher esprit 100ed with my ASI 294 MC PRO. Between the two of them are, field flattened, ZWO OAG, 2 spacers and ontology l-enhance filter. I have checked down the objective and can see no issues with the alignment up to the filter. All threads are screwed in correctly with a snug fit, and there are no massive pieces of debris covering the objective.
need help ASAP please.