Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter Rotation 2018-07-08 20:49 - 20:59 UT

First time imaging since April of last year!

Managed to grab three 1000 frame videos between it being dark enough for me to see Jupiter and it going behind the row of 40 foot Sycamore, Oak and Beech trees that back onto our garden.

Scope: Celestron C9.25; Mount: CGEM; Camera: QHY5LIIc; Lens: Explore Scientific x3 Telextender; Capture Software: EZPlanetary

3 x 1000 frame videos, centred and cropped in PIPP, stacked & RGB aligned in Autostakkert 2  with wavelets done in Registax 6; post processing and turning into a GIF. in PS CS4

Seeing was very poor with some very high thin cloud. I think my focus was also off and as I haven't used my scope in anger for well over a year the collimation is probably way off. But hey-ho, at least I've finally managed to enter something into one of these competitions instead of living vicariously through others efforts! ?

127198599_2018-07-08--JupiterRotation.gif.b60d4e4eb05570508057f79fe04cded2.gif

Well, still a nice attempt. One can see the red spot and one of the darker cloud belts. I can also clearly distinquish between the other cloud bands since they have different colors. So not bad at all. Can't image what you can achieve when you manage to get in focus and have no clouds in your way!

Archived