Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_through_the-_eyepiece.thumb.jpg.cb85f690376dcb3053c747827de6bf9e.jpg

FLO

Sky-Watcher Evostar 150ED PRO

18 hours ago, spaceboy said:

ūüė≤¬†WTH !!!

Am I correct in assuming this is an introductory price Ste?? If so do you know how long this will last?? 

It isn't an introductory price. It is the result of discounting. 

• Like 1

Can't quite believe the price of £1569! it's now about £430 less than the price I guessed before it's release, and my guess was based on knowing it would be a good price. 

We are no longer offering them at £1,569 because Evostar 150ED telescopes purchased at FLO now include an Es Reid check & tune. We are also providing additional packaging to ensure Es' good work isn't undone enroute to the customer. 

More here:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes I've been half following John's thread, and the precautions are very sensible under the circumstances, I'll go check out the price with the Es Reid check and extra packaging :)  

12 minutes ago, Lockie said:

Yes I've been half following John's thread, and the precautions are very sensible under the circumstances, I'll go check out the price with the Es Reid check and extra packaging :)  

We have added only the usual ¬£75 for the Es Reid test + ¬£15 to cover the extra packaging/shipping costs. Not a lot¬†ūüôā¬†

When Sky-Watcher have successfully updated their packaging we'll probably make the Es Reid test optional. 

HTH, 

Steve 

• Like 2

I cant help thinking that the ES Reid tests offer other benefits too for example you end up with a scope that you know can be collimated even if later in life it has an accident and I am sure it would add to any re sale value if you decided to move it on.

The other point is that a 6 inch lens is one big lump of glass to hold in place.

Alan

• Like 2

On 16/08/2018 at 15:17, FLO said:

We are no longer offering them at £1,569 because Evostar 150ED telescopes purchased at FLO now include an Es Reid check & tune. We are also providing additional packaging to ensure Es' good work isn't undone enroute to the customer. 

We hear the changes made to the telescope's box and packing will ensure it survives even the most aggressive courier so we have removed the Es' Reid Check & Tune option. Sky-Watcher's ED doublets have a reputation for robust, reliable construction. So currently (having just price-checked our competitors) the OTA price is £1,555.

We will continue to monitor prices to ensure ours is competitive. 

HTH, 

Steve 

Sorry to mention this Steve, but looked at Harrisons ad put on astrobuysell this morning, and they have it back in stock at £1555 !!

So do we ūüôā

The Evostar 150ED became available again through UK retailers yesterday. 

HTH, 

Steve 

• Like 1

Sorry Steve, I'm a bit late, just noticed your last post!  Just to say I'm not in the market myself so I wasn't trying to buy one on the cheap :smile:.

Also for anyone who hasn't that much dosh, I've bought the¬† 72ED from you which was delivered Saturday, over the Moon with it - a poor mans alternative to the 150ED?¬† ūüėĀ

• Like 1

Just buy four 72s - same light gathering power as the 150!

• Haha 3

A "quadroscope",¬† hmmm.¬†¬†¬†¬† ūüôā

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Peter Drew said:

Cue the next Peter Drew project......

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Peter Drew said:

Hmmm indeed, I'd like one of those ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hmm? Quadroscope hey. Sounds like one for the imagers, R, G, B, and Lum all at once. 

• Like 2