Narrowband

Sky-Watcher Evostar 150ED PRO

18 hours ago, spaceboy said:

? WTH !!!

Am I correct in assuming this is an introductory price Ste?? If so do you know how long this will last?? 

It isn't an introductory price. It is the result of discounting. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Lockie said:

Yes I've been half following John's thread, and the precautions are very sensible under the circumstances, I'll go check out the price with the Es Reid check and extra packaging :)  

We have added only the usual £75 for the Es Reid test + £15 to cover the extra packaging/shipping costs. Not a lot ? 

When Sky-Watcher have successfully updated their packaging we'll probably make the Es Reid test optional. 

HTH, 

Steve 

I cant help thinking that the ES Reid tests offer other benefits too for example you end up with a scope that you know can be collimated even if later in life it has an accident and I am sure it would add to any re sale value if you decided to move it on.

The other point is that a 6 inch lens is one big lump of glass to hold in place.

Alan

• 3 months later...
On 16/08/2018 at 15:17, FLO said:

We are no longer offering them at £1,569 because Evostar 150ED telescopes purchased at FLO now include an Es Reid check & tune. We are also providing additional packaging to ensure Es' good work isn't undone enroute to the customer. 

We hear the changes made to the telescope's box and packing will ensure it survives even the most aggressive courier so we have removed the Es' Reid Check & Tune option. Sky-Watcher's ED doublets have a reputation for robust, reliable construction. So currently (having just price-checked our competitors) the OTA price is £1,555.

We will continue to monitor prices to ensure ours is competitive. 

HTH, 

Steve 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Steve, I'm a bit late, just noticed your last post!  Just to say I'm not in the market myself so I wasn't trying to buy one on the cheap :smile:.

Also for anyone who hasn't that much dosh, I've bought the  72ED from you which was delivered Saturday, over the Moon with it - a poor mans alternative to the 150ED?  ?

• 2 months later...

The things that put me off going for the ed150 

Are the fixed dewshield which makes it really long for storage and the cheap focuser.

The build quality is nowhere near the apm 152 or any other 6 inch doublet and i think skywatcher know this.

6 minutes ago, barkis said:

The 150ed info. States the dew shield is removable, not fixed. Or have I read it wrong ?

Ron.

It's fixed Ron. It can be unscrewed in the same way that you can unscrew the dew shield of the ED100 and ED120 but it does not slide back and forth like the Esprits and others do.

42 minutes ago, John said:

It's fixed Ron. It can be unscrewed in the same way that you can unscrew the dew shield of the ED100 and ED120 but it does not slide back and forth like the Esprits and others do.

Whoops!  Probably I should have asked before butting  in John ☺️.   I guess as a sliding one  is more convenient.

Archived