Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_android_vs_ios_winners.thumb.jpg.803608cf7eedd5cfb31eedc3e3f357e9.jpg

Ola Skarpen

Horse head HA and starless

40 minutes ago, celestron8g8 said:

Very neat but very unique being starlesss . How do you do that ? 

Hi and thank you for your feedback. I have used a software called straton, and adjust with div starmask in Pixinsight . Lot of work?

Edited by Ola Skarpen

So you need PI to use that software ? I know about PI but never bought it since i use PS CS5 . 

Edited by celestron8g8

I try to make sharpening and other touch up masks with PI like this--But they are nowhere as perfect as this!  Nice.  

Rodd

56 minutes ago, celestron8g8 said:

So you need PI to use that software ? I know about PI but never bought it since i use PS CS5 . 

No you dont need Pi. 

On 06/11/2018 at 08:56, Laurin Dave said:

Very nice .. thinking of this camera on my Esprit150ED and wondering what Ha filter you used 

Dave

Thank You

Astrodon 3nm

• Thanks 1

On 11/07/2018 at 22:01, celestron8g8 said:

Straton is a piece of software designed to remove stars though it doesn't work on all targets. When it does it's very effective and easy to use.  As far as I am aware it works independently - I use it in con junction with PS.  It's cheap if I remember correctly. Steve Richards mentions in his latest book 'Dark Art or Magic Bullet'.

Annie

Very interesting and different view of this region. I like stars personally, but this does look great - all that data has brought out the really faint stuff, too.

Absolutely stunning - you've inspired me to try this process.

I'm particularly impressed with how you've handled the processing without "over-sharpening" - very subtle and skilled - well done!

David

Really nice. I like how without the stars it enables you to focus on all the dust/clouds etc. :)