SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SATURN - RUSSIAN RESOLVING POWER

Saturn. Intes Micro 815D, Point Grey Blackfly Camera. Stack of 4000 frames using Autostakkert 2, Wavelet processing in Registax 6. Bit of Pixelmator on IPad Pro.

The “Holy Grail” of ENCKE’S division is visible if you look carefully each side of the rings.

1955023A-E2A4-4CF1-9319-534A5D7987A7.jpeg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Tommohawk said:

Very nice!

So...  aperture is king - unless you have an Intes?!

It’s them Russian Optics. It’s alrigh getting light into your scope. It’s how the Optics “massage” that light what matters. My mantra has always been Quality over quantity. The Intes should outperform on fine detail commercial SCT’s a good few inches larger in aperture. ??

2 hours ago, cheryl simone said:

A beautiful image, a few more details please (ie) what size barlow any upscale involved, love to see an RGB shot of that image!

Regards Cheryl!

No Barlow. My scope has a native focal length of 3000mm...big images ?

Impressive.

Did you use an IR pass filter?

Looking at the image scale I assume you used x3 drizzle as the image scale is about 0.1" per pixel, can you give some tips on processing as even with good data at 1:1 struggle to get anything usable with drizzle in AS!3 (the x2 drizzle in AS!2 was much easier to process).

On 09/07/2018 at 11:11, cheryl simone said:

A beautiful image, a few more details please (ie) what size barlow any upscale involved, love to see an RGB shot of that image!

Regards Cheryl!

Hi Dave

If no barlow was used to obtain your image id be intrested to know if it was scaled up because im at well over 3m native with smaller pixel cam, & my image scale is small without amplification! ? Or maybe you used 3x drizzle! as said above! Regards Simon! ?!

18 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Impressive.

Looking at the image scale I assume you used x3 drizzle as the image scale is about 0.1" per pixel, can you give some tips on processing as even with good data at 1:1 struggle to get anything usable with drizzle in AS!3 (the x2 drizzle in AS!2 was much easier to process).

I agree the sums dont add up?

On 09/07/2018 at 22:29, Stub Mandrel said:

Impressive.

I'll part-answer my own question.

The secret to getting AS!3 drizzle to work properly seems to be avoiding debayering in PIPP, and doing it in AS!3 instead when drizzling. The increase in detail is dramatic.

Archived