Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

had my first night imaginig with my new skymax 90 and asi290mc. watched far too many firecapture you tube videos and feeling a bit lost. does anyone know what bayer setting i should use for the asi290? cant find much about it. closest i could find mentioned rggb but firecapture only shows 2 letter options rg gb gr bg so not sure which one to use. i also assume when bayer is unticked thats recording in mono. or is there another setting for that. 

Hi

Firecapture should detect the 290 and apply the correct debayer pattern, which is as you say rggb, the 2 letter options are just 'shorthand' so rg is what you need.

You are correct in that unticking will enable 'mono'/ raw recording, these will need to be debayered later in PIPP OR AS!2, there is also a setting in Firecapture that allows you to preview in colour and switch to mono automatically when you hit the record button.

hope this helps

Martin

Archived