Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_2018_sp_banner.thumb.jpg.a4fa178de7d36660e48f7eb1205319eb.jpg

baggywrinkle

Autostakkert: Out of memory

I don't normally  get this message but I was trying to use a x1.5 drizzle on some lunar images and AS just hung up at the stacking stage, then when I hit 'cancel' it said 'out of memory'

I guess this means my wonderful pc has nor processing power or memory when I try to get it to work on am image in this way.

Any magic cures?

Make sure its the only thing running. That may mean using task manager to kill off any unwanted apps that are currently hogging resources, including the b**ch cortana….

7 minutes ago, Dr_Ju_ju said:

including the b**ch cortana….

I don't have that problem as I'm still running XP. 😮😝

Then you will never be able to run any of the newer software anyway, as XP is blighted.....

16 hours ago, Stargazer33 said:

I'm still running XP. 😮😝

Win XP is limited to 2 Gb of memory per application by default, although this can be increased to 3.25 with a bit of fiddling.  So processing large amounts of data may not be possible.  Win 7 64bit can use a lot more...

A 32 bit operating system will never be as good as a 64 bit system anyway. I was just joking that my OS is so old that Cortana running in the background, using resources, is not a problem for me.😁

21 hours ago, baggywrinkle said:

I don't normally  get this message but I was trying to use a x1.5 drizzle on some lunar images and AS just hung up at the stacking stage, then when I hit 'cancel' it said 'out of memory'

I guess this means my wonderful pc has nor processing power or memory when I try to get it to work on am image in this way.

Any magic cures?

If you have the ability there is now a 64bit version of AS, works fantastic and no more memory issues.

Thanks All.

I will try the 64 bit version when I get back....I'm South Africa on business....Johannesburg so light polluted but I might see someting better as I am near Capetown  in a less light polluted area tomorrow and Saturday