Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Autostakkert: Out of memory

I don't normally  get this message but I was trying to use a x1.5 drizzle on some lunar images and AS just hung up at the stacking stage, then when I hit 'cancel' it said 'out of memory'

I guess this means my wonderful pc has nor processing power or memory when I try to get it to work on am image in this way.

Any magic cures?

16 hours ago, Stargazer33 said:

I'm still running XP. ??

Win XP is limited to 2 Gb of memory per application by default, although this can be increased to 3.25 with a bit of fiddling.  So processing large amounts of data may not be possible.  Win 7 64bit can use a lot more...

21 hours ago, baggywrinkle said:

I don't normally  get this message but I was trying to use a x1.5 drizzle on some lunar images and AS just hung up at the stacking stage, then when I hit 'cancel' it said 'out of memory'

I guess this means my wonderful pc has nor processing power or memory when I try to get it to work on am image in this way.

Any magic cures?

If you have the ability there is now a 64bit version of AS, works fantastic and no more memory issues.

Thanks All.

I will try the 64 bit version when I get back....I'm South Africa on business....Johannesburg so light polluted but I might see someting better as I am near Capetown  in a less light polluted area tomorrow and Saturday

• 3 months later...

Archived