Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Last night I finally managed to get out and have a go at tracking for the first time with the SW SA. DEFINITELY need a ball head...

Once I figured out that I should be leaving the latitude adjustment alone (yes I'm THAT much of a noob at tracking and polar alignment), about the only target in my FOV was M31, and even that was about to vanish behind a roof! But I did manage a few 30 second subs before it disappeared. Could've probably gotten longer exposures but the intervalometer wasn't setup and I was out of time. 

But I'm happy enough for a first time out. The attached is just the test image from last night. About half a dozen subs, Canon 550D, ISO 3200, F/4, cropped down from 55mm

Oh, I did notice that whatever way up I put my PA scope, it was upside down...any ideas?

M31 Tracked Sequator-1.jpg

9 hours ago, Anthonyexmouth said:

the polar scope is inverted. i use polarisview app on android and it also shows an inverted view so just match it up. 

Ah, thought it was something I was or wasn't doing. Thank you :)

Archived