SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What's wrong with the seeing?

At dusk

With all the main planets well placed for  imaging, it's amazing that there's not a single night with good seeing. I've been trying for almost a month, watching the planets with my Little 4" and waiting for a good night to set up my SC.

The seeing didn't look too bad yesterday so I decided to try, just to see saturn "dancing" in the screen of my computer. Focusing was a real adventure. Anyway, my first saturn this year.

s2d.png.e2cb0d4fe02ef0a7c474fd525abe13f7.png

23 minutes ago, At dusk said:

Sorry. I think I didn’t explain myself well. I used the 4” to check the seeing, but I took the picture with my 9.25 hd.

Ah yes, I was wondering how you had exceeded the theoretical best performance of a 4" scope! Lovely image.

Chris

Yes. Ten degreees is quite a difference. It´s too bad that we haven´t been lucky so far with the seeing. Yesterday I tried on jupiter. But the jet stream was really strong. I only managed to get this.

1824045021_jupiter05072018-2.png.125d826cde11daa4e12befba0dc273c7.png

Regards

4 hours ago, orion25 said:

Gorgeous Saturn! I'm glad you explained that you took this with a 9.25 and not a 4-inch; I was wondering, "how in the ...!" ? 

Reggie

Just for fun, last year I imaged Júpiter once with my 4.7" refractor. This is what I got

1926237298_jupitertsa120.png.c6d9f57b49fcdd3ec51d1320b2917715.png

Obviously, aperture rules. But you can do interesting things with a small telescopel

Archived