Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

INTES MICRO are no more.....?

The Moscow manufacturer of WORLD CLASS RUSSIAN OPTICS has ceased production of telescopes. The Head Optical Technician after a period of ill health has retired.

This information came to me from Dr Simon Bennett from the Widescreen Centre. This a real shame that an era of craftsmanship has ended.

im glad I got my 815D when I did. 

Shame, but was always going to be at some point I guess. Really lovely scopes. Russ used to own a M603 and i had the pleasure of some of the best views of Saturn I'd ever seen through it.

Well the second hand market prices will rocket now!

I'm sorry to hear this as well :sad:

I've owned TAL and Intes scopes but not, as yet, and Intes Micro. Maybe one day a nice pre-owned one will come along though ?

They are really well built (like the Intes ones) I believe so those that exist should have long lives ahead of them.

I DID once think of having just the ONE *permanently mounted* observatory 7-8" scope.
Either an Intes or "Ylena"(?) MAK! (Focal reducers are capable of more than many think?). ?

Things turned out very differently: A Plethora of "all-right" scopes of various type/aperture!
I do sometimes wonder how things might have been... had I followed that route! ?

I liked the way they produced "optical specs" re. the quality / choice of stuff...

Yes it’s incredibly sad news having owned so many intes micro scopes over 20 years,I’ve just acquired a used 10” Mak Newt and it isn’t going anywhere! Yes they are heavy, yes built like tanks but optically superb, some times you don’t realise what you got until it’s gone? 

Very few options now for medium to large Mak Newt or Mak Cass and these options I know will be very expensive if you can find one !I’ve a few contacts  in Germany and I’ll do sum digging ?Regards stuart 

• 4 weeks later...

I thought I'd read somewhere that IM had refocused on manufacturing small space optics for the Russian Federation and had no real need to address itself to the pro-consumer market for traditional scope designs.

In any case I have great regard for the engineers who made my 8" F6 MN. Its the most productive general purpose scope i have and has remarkable optics.

Tony

• 4 weeks later...
On 05/07/2018 at 07:58, dweller25 said:

Yes that's a shame, I don't think I have ever read bad feedback on an Intes scope.

I am also pleased to own a really good 715

Are you ready to sell me this telescope yet David?:grin:

I was going to buy the 815, down the road, oh well.

Just caught this thread..very sad to hear it.

I've owned several Intes/Intes Micros, two M603's, an MK67, an MK66 and also a wonderful Ylena 150mm. All 6" aperture and all optically excellent - approaching top end refractor quality when filled thermally optimised.

I paid between £450 and £750 for these and they were wonderful value for money. Here is my Ylena 150, possibly the best Russian scope I've ever owned -although the M603 was also superb.

Will be sadly missed as a brand.

Dave

post-63316-14073287030923_thumb.jpg

post-63316-14073287026431_thumb.jpg

post-63316-1407328702365_thumb.jpg

post-63316-14073287028542_thumb.jpg

Archived