Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_christmas_presents_winners.thumb.jpg.0650e36a94861077374d1ab41812d185.jpg

laudropb

What a difference a day makes.

After yesterday’s spectacular views the Sun is much quieter today. One large bright prom on the upper West limb, a smaller prom on the the upper East limb, a very faint prom one the South limb and a couple of small filaments. Also the seeing here is nowhere as good as it was yesterday. Still another lovely sunny day and who knows what might develope.

• Like 6

clouded out here John, mind you I could do with a rest, thanks for the report mate. charl.

• Like 1

Sun in Scotland and cloudy down here, makes a change John, enjoy your views.

Dave

• Like 1

I am on my best run of solar observing. I have managed views on 14 out of the last 15 days . I only missed one because I went to see my daughter’s graduation ceremony in Edinburgh. I agree very unlike our usual weather.

Edited by laudropb
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, laudropb said:

I am on my best run of solar observing. I have managed views on 14 out of the last 15 days . I only missed one because I went to see my daughter’s graduation ceremony in Edinburgh. I agree very unlike our usual weather.

Congrats on your daughter's graduation! What did she study? 

Makes me feel better ‘cos I haven’t had the scope out today.

Youre right, John, yesterday was good. ?

• Like 1

Still pretty good. The big one is dynamic

1530718534141921565162.jpg

• Like 1

A day is ages when it comes to the sun.. a few hours can show difference in solar features.... 

Eventually got the scope out (Mrs Floater was surprised it took so long!) and I have to say the ‘big’ prom is still impressive. 

However, the winner today has to be the many (several?) filaments. Lovely stuff. ?

There’s always something going on in Ha ... and that’s its attraction (addiction??).

• Like 1