Narrowband

What a difference a day makes.

laudropb

After yesterday’s spectacular views the Sun is much quieter today. One large bright prom on the upper West limb, a smaller prom on the the upper East limb, a very faint prom one the South limb and a couple of small filaments. Also the seeing here is nowhere as good as it was yesterday. Still another lovely sunny day and who knows what might develope.

I am on my best run of solar observing. I have managed views on 14 out of the last 15 days . I only missed one because I went to see my daughter’s graduation ceremony in Edinburgh. I agree very unlike our usual weather.

24 minutes ago, laudropb said:

I am on my best run of solar observing. I have managed views on 14 out of the last 15 days . I only missed one because I went to see my daughter’s graduation ceremony in Edinburgh. I agree very unlike our usual weather.

Congrats on your daughter's graduation! What did she study? 

Eventually got the scope out (Mrs Floater was surprised it took so long!) and I have to say the ‘big’ prom is still impressive. 

However, the winner today has to be the many (several?) filaments. Lovely stuff. ?

There’s always something going on in Ha ... and that’s its attraction (addiction??).

Archived