Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_terminator_challenge_winners.thumb.jpg.6becf44442bc7105be59da91b2bee295.jpg

JohnC64

COMPLETED - John's Big sale!! - Skywatcher MN190 Reduced Price

Hi All,

With work demands and just being generally busy at the moment, I’m not able to find the time to do any astro-photography. So I have decided to sell my Astro gear as its not getting the use that it deserves.  The items for sale  combined made up a reasonably competent observatory.  Its sad to let them go, but I would rather that someone get better use out of them that I have been over the past year or so.

I’ll put a link to the sellers website so you can get the specs for each item where possible.

Skywatcher MN190 Maksutov Newtonian telescope - £625  (Reduced Price)
https://www.firstlightoptics.com/maksutov-newtonian/skywatcher-explorer-190mn-ds-pro-mak-newt-astrograph.html

This is a lovely flat field telescope and is ideal for imaging as well as visual use.  It is the newer variant so it has a twin speed focuser. Also included with this are the original right angle view finder, A dew shield and a Bahtinov Mask. It is also in its original packaging for transport.  The mounting bar has some marks where it has been used to attach it to the mount but these are only cosmetic.   Again postage might be expensive for an item of this size so probably best delivered/ Meet up/pick up in the Cambs, Herts, Suffolk, Norfolk area.

IMG_4622.thumb.jpg.0a8e09c4b4911ee097fbe6f3b2bfa28f.jpgIMG_4616.thumb.jpg.8a2e949b08b9e3d2ece69a5a58a3d390.jpg

Hitech Astro Mount Hub Pro - £175 - SOLD
https://www.modernastronomy.com/shop/accessories/mount-accessories/hitecastro-mount-hub-pro/

This is the original version of Hitech’s Mount hub pro. with the six port USB hub. 4 Dew heater outputs, 12V DC power outlets, and a focuser controller. It also comes with the additional controller to manually drive the focuser  and a couple of made up power leads to connect things up. It had its firmware updated by Hitech astro a year or so ago so that it works correctly when plugged in/out of USB.

IMG_4633.thumb.jpg.42701640ad7647ede411e67f1cd396ca.jpgIMG_4636.thumb.jpg.02229d25829a2aff8f2430f7120e038e.jpg

I have a whole load of smaller items so will start another thread when I have sorted them all out. If there are any questions or you want any more info please feel free to send me a PM.

Cheers John

IMG_4634.jpg

Edited by JohnC64
update for sale pending

Removed sold items and added photos for the QSI

HitecAstro MountHub Now Sold - Just the MN190 left Reduced price to £625

46 minutes ago, JohnC64 said:

Just the MN190 left Reduced price to £625

The MN190 gives views as good as any 150ED refractor I have ever looked through or imaged with, hope it sells and gets the use it deserves.

• Like 1

Many Thanks Tim,  When I looked through it visually, It always gave good clear views. And for imaging they give fantastic flat images.

And a view down the scope not in the original images

John

IMG_4681.thumb.jpg.0f8203afc1400a07f876b82f1aea1b1a.jpg