Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saturn 03/07/2018

cuivenion

Took this last night at 1:55am. Equipment used was a Skywatcher 200p (1000mm FL), a HEQ5 mount, ZWO ASI224 camera and a 2x barlow with an extension tube that took it to about x4, so this was imaged at about 4000mm focal length.

It was captured with Sharpcap and processed with Autostakkert 3, Registax and Pixinsight. Best 10% of 36000 frames:

Test2.jpg.e40328c98b66711d7fc006b91671ce57.jpg

This was the only usable planetary video from a 4 hour session, seeing wasn't great. Mars and most of my Lunar shots were unusable. This is actually my best Saturn to date. I never seem to have much luck with seeing conditions when imaging Mars and Saturn. Roll on 2027 when it's above 40 degrees!

Great Saturn, especially considering the conditions! I agree that Saturn and Mars can be challenging to image. After much work, I was able to get my best Saturn to date. I'm still working on Mars, but the dust storm isn't helping :( 

Reggie

Archived