Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Disconnecting problem

I hope I post in right section this time :)

I own a 1300D and when i connect it to the PC it is ok for 2 minutes..after that the connection die like if i pull out the usb cable.

i tried 2 cables, tried PC and laptop and same..lost a whole nigjt becouse i went in the house and the connection died after 2 minutes..

any fix is appreciated!

My first guess would have been faulty cable, but using 2 cables rules that out.

My next guess would that maybe the USB port is going to sleep, using 2 seperate machines rules that out.

My next thought is that maybe the camera needs more power than the USB ports on either the PC or laptop can provide.   To test this try using a "Powered USB hub" instead of plugging the cable directly into the PC/Laptop.

Finally, my last thought is that the USB port in the camera itself is faulty.    Let's hope its the USB port not providing enough power.

Hi,

More or less my answers would be as previous cjdawson's post.

What I may add however, is make sure you are not using too long a cable (clutching at straws there but if above 5M I would try a shorter one). Also is Windows putting the USB ports to sleep, maybe the following link may help is this is the issue.

Camera Issues And USB Power Management

Other possibilites I have read about (so no experience of) are:-

Use a fully charged battery and not a power supply. Some power supplies are known to cause issues.
Turn off Wifi mode if available.
Set the Mode Dial to Manual (M).
Set Live View Shoot. to Enabled.
Set Live View shooting AF mode to Quick mode or Live mode (but NOT face detection mode).

HTH

Steve

12 minutes ago, serbiadarksky said:

Nope...not fixed, the connection still dies so...gonna share tha same way you did

try powering your DSLR using a AC adapter before attempting a USB fix... you might find that that is all you need... the other solution might be to use shorter USB cables or a cable with the "active repeater" connection.

I use 5 meter active repeater USB cables on my DSLR and CCDs and I do not have any disconnection issues... and hopefully it stays solid.

4 hours ago, MarsG76 said:

try powering your DSLR using a AC adapter before attempting a USB fix... you might find that that is all you need... the other solution might be to use shorter USB cables or a cable with the "active repeater" connection.

I use 5 meter active repeater USB cables on my DSLR and CCDs and I do not have any disconnection issues... and hopefully it stays solid.

How to power it with anything else that the battery?

Archived