Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from South Wales

Xsubmariner

Hi, thought I might introduce myself. Started Astronomy about 2 years ago and soon realised years of physical sport limited my ability to enjoy visual. Due to the lack of an integrated chair mount that would enable me to view longer than 20 secs, I migrated to an imagery based hobby and was seduced into the dark art of astrophotography. True to form, both feet now in a big hole and loving the mental stimulation, though have noticed a slight increase in frustration and sizeable reduction in my bank balance.  With so much to learn, I hope you guys and girls are able to impart some of your wisdom and tolerate what will be some stupid questions. I believe there is no such thing as a stupid suestion, only people who will not ask them.

Thanks again and looking forward to sharing with you.  Martin

Hi, Martin, and welcome to SGL.

As you have discovered AP is a steep learning curve. Have you checked out this book? Could end up saving you a lot of time and money.

You will find a wealth of knowledge and experience on this forum and a willingness to share that with you. Just post any questions on the relevant board.

Enjoy the journey.

Archived