SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What German optics do you own?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, John said:

How much Bresser, ADM, Telescope Services and other such branded stuff is actually manufactured in Germany ?

Much of it not, I suspect :icon_scratch:

I think we know where most of it is made these days.

Even my newly arrived Explore Scientific 4.7mm 82 degree eyepiece has "China" clearly stamped on the barrel.

7 minutes ago, 25585 said:

APM and Baader

Not sure what you are trying to say? I don’t see any Zeiss reference in the APM info, and it is the accuracy of the Prism which gives such wonderful high power results, best I’ve seen.

7 minutes ago, 25585 said:

My understanding was that the Prism was a Zeiss one, perhaps I am wrong but @FLO info implies it is

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/solar-filters/baader-coolceramic-herschel-wedge-solar-diagonal.html

5 minutes ago, 25585 said:

So does FLO, but both using a copied page from somewhere. Going by other accessories using Zeiss components, there should be a Zeiss trademark too. But none. 

Maybe you are correct then. It would surprise me but I can't actually find a reference to it anywhere other than the retailer websites. Perhaps it was an inaccuracy which got picked up and repeated until assumed to be true. Quite a biggy in my book, but the prism performs amazingly regardless, I won't think any less of it because it is the view that counts, not the name on the box.

Archived