Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Fullerscope Mk III mount pillar width

I have bought a Fullerscopes MkIII equatorial mount (hopefully received next week) which will need a pier pillar.

If anyone owns such, please could you let me know the outer diameter of the pier pillar width.

Also if anyone knows the same measurement for a SW EQ6 pillar diameter, I would be very grateful.

On 29/06/2018 at 18:25, 25585 said:

I have bought a Fullerscopes MkIII equatorial mount (hopefully received next week) which will need a pier pillar.

If anyone owns such, please could you let me know the outer diameter of the pier pillar width.

Also if anyone knows the same measurement for a SW EQ6 pillar diameter, I would be very grateful.

Hi

its 110 mm od although mine measures 113mm Od

length is 24 inches

the mk 2 is the un painted utility mount mine is a mk 3 black wrinkle finish with pedestal pillar 3 legged black wrinkle finish 

tube like this is commonly avaliable

hope this helps 

11 minutes ago, HD-AP said:

Hi

its 110 mm od although mine measures 113mm Od

length is 24 inches

the mk 2 is the un painted utility mount mine is a mk 3 black wrinkle finish with pedestal pillar 3 legged black wrinkle finish 

tube like this is commonly avaliable

hope this helps 

The pot base on the mk 2 mk 3 mounts has an I’d of 116mm so a variety of tube od’s will suit 3 radial bolts clamp the pot base to the pillar tube tolerances are broad !

3 minutes ago, HD-AP said:

The pot base on the mk 2 mk 3 mounts has an I’d of 116mm so a variety of tube od’s will suit 3 radial bolts clamp the pot base to the pillar tube tolerances are broad !

Mis read yours is a mk 3 but a mk 2 is the same without the wrinkle black finish it tends to fall off over the decades most need a touch up or repaint ?

Archived