Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_christmas_presents.thumb.jpg.587637e0d01baf4b6d21b73610610bbb.jpg

Anthonyexmouth

Star Adventurer power

Has anyone had any success running one of these from a power bank? When plugged into my 20,000mah 5v 2.4a pack the unit turns on for about a minute and then switches off.

9 minutes ago, Anthonyexmouth said:

Has anyone had any success running one of these from a power bank? When plugged into my 20,000mah 5v 2.4a pack the unit turns on for about a minute and then switches off.

Should work but some of those power packs shut off after a time for some reason.

I run mine off a USB socket on my 12volt power supply.

Dave

Power banks expect to be charging something with a sizeable power drain, if not enough current is drawn they switch off. Attach something to the second port if it has one e.g. a phone that needs charging or rig up a dew heater to run off 5v with a USB connector - anything to draw current.

HTH 

Duncan

Mine's had the same AA batteries in it since January. The manual even said that a single set of AAs should give you over 70 hours of operation.
I have a power pack but I have only used it to power my dew heater. If you also have a dew heater try plugging it into the battery pack at the same time as the SA so it draws enough power to stay switched on.

I had the same problem with the "smart" ones. I now run mine off an older 13000 but need to plug it into the 2A port and it will run and run until the cows come home or it gets light.

Mine (and all my other gear) will run for multiple nights from my leisure battery. 

Downside is it weighs a ton, but I have housed it in a toolbox to make transportation easier. 

Using a dew heater solved the same problem for me and it can last quite a while with a 20 Ah powerbank, also using the COOWOO heater which works well.