SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Resticking Protostar Flocking

SnakeyJ

Does anyone have a recommendation for an adhesive to cure the lifting edges of protostar flocking?   The flocking was done beautifully some 10 years ago, but a few corners have lifted and, while still tacky, need a little encouragement to stay down!     

11 minutes ago, Moonshane said:

I'd use anything waterproof I had to hand.

Thanks Shane, I'll avoid my usual foaming Gorilla Glue, which would almost certainly get messy.   Araldite seems too hard/brittle and also seems to weaken when stored out in the cold and damp.   What do you reckon to Evostik impact contact adhesive?  It really wants to be waterproof, high grab, but remain flexible over the long haul.

Should be OK I think although just be wary of fumes - not sure if they have any 'substance' and might settle on mirrors as they cure?

I have previously used standard glue like https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bostik-Purpose-Adhesive-Solvented-80208/dp/B00I4ZW3E4/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1530277704&sr=1-1&keywords=bostik and it works OK. 

Archived