Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

GRS Third/Fourth time out

Patbloke

Really enjoyed my 3rd/4th time out with the ZWO... Can't believe when I look onto the lawn at my set up (so lucky) I remember starting out a few years ago with a gift which was the Skywatcher 114p and some Celestron Plossls I have carefully researched that were in my limited budget at the time... anyhow, Not so sure I'm making progress as I am finding this imaging lark very complicated. I have taken advice from some helpful forum members and downloaded some different stacking, capture and editing programs. but I am feeling I still have a long journey ahead until I can create something as good as some of the wonderful images on this forum.

I'm using an Altair Starwave 102mm f/11 scope and the attached images were captured using my new ZWO ASI120MC-S Colour USB 3.0 using - SharpCap 3 and Stacked in Registax 6... and I also used a revelation 2.5 x Barlow and Blue filter. I get exceedingly slow capture frame rate per second and wonder if I'm missing something obvious when capturing? I took some dark frames last night but not sure if they made any difference in the stacking process?

I've got a month or so before I reckon Saturn falls into my 'in between' trees capturing location so I'll be reading and YouTubing as much as possible in time for that moment as I really fancy capturing the ringed planet. Also Looking forward to the moon waning and coming around again  so I can capture some of the great sites up there!

As they say - little fish are sweet!!!

22_39_41.jpg

23_01_39.jpg

23_20_26.jpg

1 minute ago, xtreemchaos said:

great shots Pat, I use the same setup as you and we get simerler results.well done. charl.

Thanks Charl, means a lot...

It's mind blowing what some people achieve though with their gear. When I saw Benklerks pic of Jupiter earlier I thought Wow! how does he do that...

As Del says though - "This time next year Rodney" ?

Nice detail... So does that mean I don't need to put the 1.25" diagonal in, I could go straight into the focuser with a 2" barlow and a 1.25" adaptor for the ZWO? Suppose the only thing to be wary of if that's the case, is that the camera is secured tightly otherwise gravity could take its toll... ?

I don't use a wedge, I use 2x 50mm exstentions and then the barlow which connects to the asi120 by the 2inch lip on the cam body I also have a 2in ir filter screwed into the exstention because I removed the one outa the cam because I use it also for solar because theres no point having 2 with the EDF. charl.

Archived