Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2.thumb.jpg.7719b6f2fbecda044d407d8aba503777.jpg

alanjgreen

Lunt Blocking Filter - Check yours, you won't regret it!

On 31/05/2019 at 22:43, symmetal said:

After getting a replacement blue glass filter from Bresser, I thought I'd have a go at possibly cleaning the old cloudy one. The CN thread said some people had success with CLR (calcium, lime, rust) cleaner. I had some Viakal limescale remover spray, so I thought I'd give it a try. I sprayed some into a small glass and dropped the filter in to soak. Came back half an hour later, rinsed it off, wiped it dry and was surprised that it now looks like new and is very clear (but still blue :wink2:). So worth keeping now as a backup in case the replacement shows signs of deposits appearing.

If you were going to just throw your cloudy filter away it's worth giving it a try (but at your own risk). :smile:

Alan 

I tried this today and it does indeed work, my filter looks as goos as new and will be kept as a spare. 

Thanks for the tip Alan. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nigella Bryant said:

I had the same problem with the blue filter going cloudy. TH replaced it for £30 and took only 7 days. I thought, really great service. 

"Replaced it for £30?" - On a Lunt ? If so it should be covered under warranty. :chinscratch:

56 minutes ago, Altocumulus said:

"Replaced it for £30?" - On a Lunt ? If so it should be covered under warranty. :chinscratch:

I bought it second hand and was supposed to be in good condition. Wasn't under warranty. 

• Thanks 1

Just received my replacement Blocking filter from Bresser. So others should be getting theirs shortly, if not email a reminder.

Nigel

Posted (edited)

I dealt directly with Bresser Europe who supplied mine FOC and I fitted it myself. I just supplied Bresser with the serial number, I'm not the original owner but the question wasn't even asked by them, I was just asked for a shipping address and it was delivered 3 days later. 

Very pleased by the service. 

Edited by AdeKing
Spelling

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Davenn
      The Sun today - 07 May 2019 0130UT (1130 AEST)
      Lunt LS60THa single frame exposures with an ASI 1600MM
      AR2740 with AR2741 just coming around the limb

This last one using a Televue 2.5x Powermate

cheers
      Dave
    • By jambouk
      I am thinking of getting a Lunt 50mm scope. I want to image as well as observe. I am thinking I could put my ZWO on the scope and capture video. My question is, does focal length in a solar scope relate to the FoV as it does for a non-solar scope? The field of view calculator (http://www.12dstring.me.uk/fovcalc.php) suggests I could just about get a full disc with a focal length of 350mm (the 50mm Lunt), but not with a focal length of 500mm (the 60mm Lunt). Is my logic correct?

• By Owmuchonomy
      For sale is my Lunt LS60THa/B1200FTPT Ha scope.  The scope is in MINT condition in the original flight case as it came from FLO.  This is the Pressure Tuner version also with the B1200 blocking filter allowing for a larger field for observing AND imaging.  It is also equipped with the magnificent Starlight Instruments Feathertouch focuser with 1.5" travel and 10:1 reduction which makes focussing for imaging cameras so sweet.  The diagonal comes ready equipped with the T2 camera connection.  Pick up here near Harrogate is possible or I do also have the original LUNT packaging so it can easily be picked up by the courier of your choice at your risk.  I can provide box weight and dimensions should you wish to do so.
      £1940 by bank transfer please.  This price includes the ADM dovetail and Televue Sol Searcher I purchased as extras.  If you don't want these items then deduct £40.  Pictures below including some images taken using this scope and a ZWO ASI 174 Mono camera.

• By tooth_dr
      I pointed my solar telescope at a small prominence in the hope that it would do something whilst I imaged it.  Because I am new to solar imaging I don't know whether this is particularly lucky, or if it's something that's easily caught.  Over the space of about an hour I captured 18 videos, each of 1000 frames, using a mono DMK21.  I stacked 10% of the frames, and then manually went about aligning and cropping the 18 stacked images because ImPPG didn't like to do it for me.  I also took an image of the solar surface, just to get rid of the white in the image, and add something visually interesting to the solar disc.  I used a curves adjustment to make it orange, and then made a movie in MS Movie Maker.

Hope you enjoy it!

solar_prominences_long.mp4
    • By Davenn
      The Sun in Ha 21 Apr 2018
      Absolutely crap seeing conditions... even the "blue" parts of the sky between the cloud gaps had a high haze.
      Nice new active region (AR2706) with spots and a nice prominence showing a large detached section
      Lunt LS60THa, ASI 1600MM camera and Sharpcap capture software
      Full Disk

AR2706

Prominences and nice large detached section
      (haven't seen one that well detached before)

Dave

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.