SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Synscan V3 update stops at low percent complete

robertm

Would be grateful if anyone could help.

The issue I have is that the handset firmware update only ever gets to no more than 1.00% complete before it fails; usually it's between 0.04 and 0.40%.  Another issue is that I have is that it takes two attempts to retrieve the Hand Controller version as the first fails to connect.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here, could be a school boy error who knows.

I've powered up the handset so it goes into firmware update mode (V1.7 firmware updater on the handset).  The firmware is the latest downloaded SW (03.39.03) as is the PC firmware loader (V3.3).  I've tried all sorts of baud rates, handshakes and buffer/timeout values but the failures always seem to be at random percentages.

The handset is a V3 which was at V3.27 and I'm using the SW handset to DB9 cable and a Startech FDDI DB9 to USB adaptor plugged directly into a PC USB port (tried a hub and that made no difference).

Anyone have any ideas ?

Many thanks

Robert

Archived