Mercury ?

Davey-T

Went up on the downs earlier to try and catch Mercury, not sure if this is it or aircraft headlights as there were a lot around.

Nice sunset over S London, pointy thing far left is the Shard.

Dave

Mercury.thumb.png.7b9e66a571dc2f0a120b1cfcc06b54e5.png

South-London-Sunset.thumb.png.2075ac4ad320b99b63c61baed396a770.png

Well spotted Dave. Well done! I cheated earlier on and did a solar system align with my goto mount on the sun, then found Mercury and Venus from that at around 6:30pm. Also spied Jupiter too, but it was washed out in the sky with the brightness. 

Well done Dave ?  I managed it too this evening (along with Venus and Jupiter).  I'm really pleased as I have finally found a local site with a low western horizon (only downside was lots of insects though ? )

Helen

39 minutes ago, Helen said:

Well done Dave ?  I managed it too this evening (along with Venus and Jupiter).  I'm really pleased as I have finally found a local site with a low western horizon (only downside was lots of insects though ? )

Helen

Thanks Helen, I was dive bombed by some large clumsy bee type things, very inquisitive, one even sat inside the camera lens hood :grin:

Dave

Archived