SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

AR2715, it has a companion pair today, but?

Alan White

I observed in White Light this afternoon about 3pm onwards.

I observed AR2715 clearly and other (surface) activity.
But while I observed I noted a small pair of spots at my 7pm in about 1/4 from the edge.
None of the main sites list this as an AR, is this something decaying or developing?

I’ve just had a quick look (19:45) and can also see two small spots at about my 7 o’clock location and 1/4 way in with lots of associated faculae.

I assume that this AR2715 though looking at the images on solarmonitor.

So if 2715 is at my 7 o’clock then where is your 7 o’clock?

I’m confused ?

Thanks Alan,

I’ve checked again and at my 7 o’clock it’s definitely AR2715 and it’s a lot closer to the limb than I stated in my first response.

I didn’t see anything in the location you indicated though the seeing was deteriorating due to low altitude with AR2715 fading in and out.

The difference in location around the disc surprises me though.

I’m using an ED100 and Lunt wedge but I assume you’re using a Frac and wedge too.

Just trying to work out the difference in orientation as it’s almost 180 degrees difference.

Still confused but it has been a long day.

Alan, that makes sense if you had the diagonal tilted.  I was seated directly behind.

Thought I was going mad for a minute. 

Will try for a quick look before work if I can manage as like I said the seeing was poor due to low altitude.

Thanks for making me look, I enjoy hunting things down on the sun. 

Archived