New ES 4.7mm 82 Degrees Ordered.

Hooray! After a couple of weeks trawling online almost every Astronomy supplier known to man, I've finally pulled the trigger on this little beauty. For some reason it's 10% cheaper than the advertised price for me to have it sent from the UK, so a real bargain, I can't get it that cheap even locally.

My first serious foray into quality eyepieces for my new 12 inch Dob, I want to really push it to its limits on the planets and moon while they're in such great viewing positions down here this year. When our winter skies do occasionally clear the seeing here is awesome so I'm preparing to be impressed.

I'm sure all you ES fans out there will approve!

I'm thinking of really pushing the boat out on something like a 10mm Delos next or maybe a Pentax XW 10mm for more general viewing, again to get the very best out of the Dob.

May take a couple of weeks but I'll report back when the ES 4.7mm has been given a thorough workout!  ?

Explore Scientific 82° Argon Eyepiece 4.7mm 1.25"

p0218804_2.jpg

• Explore Scientific 82° Nitrogen Eyepiece 4.7mm 1.25"

Explore Scientific 82° Argon Eyepiece 4.7mm 1.25"

Regular Price: £124.00

Special Price £111.60

I probably would have preferred the Pentax XW to be honest, but at less than half the price I plumped for the ES as a starter.

Pentax XW 10mm or TV Ethos 10mm next on the list, Pentax is cheaper. Hmmm....

Archived