Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saturn, between the trees and chimneys 25/6/18

knobby

Seeing as close to opposition I felt I needed to make the effort and stay up late !

Managed this last night / this morning while Saturn was popping in and out of view between various obstructions.

Quick process of 2 minute AVI captured in Sharpcap, raw8, 3000 frames, pipped to 70%, then Autostakkert best 25 %, RGB align and wavelets in Registax 6, colour and contrast tweak in CS2.

Thanks for looking... very tired at desk in office ?

C8 Edge / Televue 2 x barlow / ASI 224MC

25-6-18_01_35-1.png

Good capture for the conditions!

I was tempted to have a go with the camera last night but resisted and enjoyed the view instead using my 180 Mak with a 15mm Vixen SLV. The seeing was certainly better than of late, although like you some badly positioned trees are a pain - I have a neighbour's house and chimney to contend with as well. In the moments with good to excellent seeing, it was interesting to see how sharply defined Cassini was, with the C Ring occasionally popping into view; once or twice, I had an almost Hubble-like view which was stunning.

Chris

Archived