stargazine_ep34_banner.thumb.jpg.28dd32d9305c7de9b6591e6bf6600b27.jpg

Hello All,

Another of contribution to the planetary imaging contest... this is Mars taken on 10th June 2018.

I plan to image Mars every so often to keep an eye on the development of the dust storm, and hoping that it will not destroy our view of Mars last week in July and first week in August.

Taken with a my 8SE - 8" SCT with the Skyris 618C at F33.

Clear skies.

Mars F33 10Jun2018 1.5X.JPG

• Like 8
2 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

Ah you’re cheating. That looks too good, did you screenshot Stellarium?

No cheating, all my images are legit. ?

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the comments everyone.

I have some more data to process taken in the last week... at first glance it does look very dusty... only hints of darker patches subtly were visible... ? bit of a worry.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Vectoron
      Finally got to image Mars this year after some appauling weather in the UK. 
      This was my first time out using the ZWO ASI 224MC on a very cold eve.  I think i've probably the maxed out my equipment (Skywatcher 200p) and the location (back garden in the middle of an estate) for this image, so pretty pleased with the results.  Its 15% of 11000 frames stacked using Autostakkert, and Registax used to bring out some detail.
      Equipment used:
      Skywatcher 200p with dual speed focuser, EQ5 mount with dual axis motors Tal x3 Barlow ZWO ASI224mc with IR Filter  Lenovo x270 laptop running SharpCap  Image Processed in Autostakkert, Registax and photoshop   

• By MarsG76
      Hi All,

Sharing some more Mars images, quite possibly the last images of Mars that I'll be spending time on capturing this season, but the last image, 14th November has something strange on it.. two streaks which look like smoke plume, volcanic like, smoke plumes being blown in a direction away from the eruption.... Is it possible that Mars is still active?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.