Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep28_banner.thumb.jpg.b94278254f44dd38f3f7ee896fe45525.jpg

MarsG76

Saturn with Storm - 6 June 2018

Hello All,

Here is another of my contributions to the planetary imaging contest... this is Saturn taken on 6th June 2018 with my quest to image the Encke division with my 8SE. No Encke division.. although there is a hint of it there.. but I did manage to capture what looks like a storm developing in the edge of the polar region.

Taken with a my 8SE - 8" SCT with the Skyris 618C at F33.

Clear skies.

Saturn F33 6Jun2018 1.5X.JPG

Edited by MarsG76
  • Like 8

Those are really really good images. You are definitely one of the best planetary imagers on here MG 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

Those are really really good images. You are definitely one of the best planetary imagers on here MG 

Wow, thank you... there are imagers here that are leaps ahead tho...

• Like 1

O, that's a wonderful image and a very strong contender!

• Thanks 1

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Balage
      Hi guys,
      I am a newbie on this forum, this is my first topic here but I would like to show you my recent planetary imaging results. I started to catch the planets with a dedicated planetary camera last month but never thought that a small 4" Maksutov can show such small details. The equpment I used:
      SW 102/1300 Maksutov 2.25x Q-turret Barlow lens QHY5L-II color camera EQ-3 GOTO mount All the images were taken on differend countrysides in Hungary. I hope you will like it
      Also, please share your images taken with similar OTA, I'd like to learn some tricks from others as well  

Jupiter's 15 minutes of rotation. Captured with Firecapture, processed in AS!3, Registax and WinJUPOS (2020.08.21)

Saturn, 1 hours stacked with AS!3, processed in Registax (2020.09.05)

Mars, 3 hours of rotation. Captured with Firecapture, stacked with AS!3, processed in Registax. (2020.08.22)

Mars again, 5 minutes stacked in AS!3, processed in Registax. You can see also Olympus Mons and Arsia Mons next to the terminator  (2020.09.05)

Finally, a result of a Hungarian star party where I learned how to use properly my equipment  This time I borrowed an ADC for Saturn.

• By Starbuddypal
      I'm trying to get a photo of Jupiter and Saturn with my Nikon D3000 DSLR but I can't get anything clear. I attached the kind of photos I'm getting with my camera. They end up being too bright and no distinguishable features show up. Is it even possible for my Nikon to get photos of planetary objects like Saturn and Jupiter?

• By StarGazingSiouxsie
      Just had the MOST amazing observing session of my life!!!
      I am staying / living in the Blue Ridge Mountains at the moment and am blessed with very dark skies.
      About an hour after sunset, appx 9.50pm, I saw comet NeoWise motoring - could literally see it moving as I watched - upwards in to the NW twilight and then watched (10x50 bins & Cassie)  it disappear  over the top of the mountain.............. completely, totally, surreal. I saw comet Hale Bopp in 1997 in London and whilst that was spectacular, what I saw tonight was just absolutely surreal. Most comets 'just' appear to hang in the sky, whereas I could actually see Neowise moving. From coming into view to disappearing over the NW horizon must have taken only 20 minutes or so. There were a lot of helicopters up over the mountain watching it.

Then, at about 10pm heading north was what I believe was the ISS. I've yet to check for sure but it was nearly as bright as Venus and moving slower than a satellite.
      Then I saw numerous DSOs, globualr clusters and nebulas. 
      Then turning to the SE I saw Jupiter and Saturn, Unlike the other evening when the image was very blurred (atmospheric turbulence?) tonight's images were clear and beautiful. Could clearly see Jupier's cloud belts and the 4 biggest moons. (108x  9mm + 1.5 Barlow)
      Saturn was the best I've ever seen him. Crystral clear ring definition and I am sure I saw one of his moon at about 7 O'clock to his position - maybe Titan? 
      I'm not an experienced astronomer (telescope wise) but I have followed this subject all my life. I don't know much but I do know that not many people will ever get to see what I did tonight all in the course of 2 hours. 
      I am very blessed and thrilled beyond belief!!!! Everything tonight viewed through my trusty 5'" Newtonian, Cassie 😍

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.