Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mak180,ASI120MC

163678253_10_2000fr.jpg.20062aa51ff5fcdeb4016f2fcd5e1d7e.jpg  Beast 10% of 2000 frames stacked in Registrax,captured with Sharpcap. Not used the 120MC before,and after a few attempts,with the laptop crashing/freezing/blue screen of death etc,managed this image. Any advice on how to get rid of the 'grid lines'.Also,i read somewhere that there is a maximum time limit for imaging Jupiter,due to it's fast rotation,i think it was 2.5 minutes? For some reason the lines don't seem to appear on this image! And the the focus could be a lot better.

Regards,

David.

Drizzle can lead to square patterns, very noticeable when stacked in registax - use the 'denoise' function of wavelets to get rid of it.

x3 drizzle much worse than x1.5.

RAW8 is faster and if you are stacking video you will soon make up any loss of bit depth.

OTOH use RAW16 for DSOs.

I use Sharpcap with RAW8, SER file (gets around the colour and debayering issues), usually 50% of 1000 frames, and process with Registax6.

You should either use an ADC (atmospheric dispersion corrector, selling well this year ?,) or try to tweak it out with the RGB align in Registax.

After focusing on the planet, I do a final focus on a star and then go back to the planet and readjust the exposure. I usually shoot at 480x480 to reduce file size and get the frame rate up, only using the full size to find the planet.  There are lots of tutorials online.

'Seeing' has a considerable impact on the quality of the final result.

Archived