Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

k0b

Do you recognize this scope and mount?

As subject... I have found this today on carboot ... I'm wondering if this will handle my 13kg flex tube..

IMG_20180623_094101.jpg

Don't recognise the mount, but 13kg is in HEQ5 territory & from the pic that mount looks considerably "less" than that.

• Like 1

I think it's a TAL M1 mount (both RA and DEC are tangent arms). If it was a M2 mount it would have been able to carry up to 20kgr.  I think it will not suit you.

That is a Tal mount, as it looks to not be motorised not an M model.
What diameter is the tube?

Definitely a Tal mount. Ota too big for the Tal1 (110mm) so I'm guessing it's the  6". Though they are sturdy and built like a tank I would be surprised if it would adequately handle 13kg. The scope looks in good fettle though, how much is it going for?

15 minutes ago, k0b said:

Guy from carboot asking 50£....

If the optics look good and the mechanics are fine, that's a good deal. But I'm sure you can beat him down  ?

2 hours ago, JeremyS said:

If the optics look good and the mechanics are fine, that's a good deal. But I'm sure you can beat him down  ?

Great buy indeed!

It's a good deal at £50 for the scope and the mount. Not so good if the scope is no use to you. The TAL mount is OK but won't cope with your flextube. It's the same mount Tal supplied with the TAL 100R refractor.

Thank you guys, shame that nice mount is not for me..

if anyone would be interested ... I still have "his" number and guy is from Peterborough "area"