Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

MarsG76

WOO HOO I'm famous...

Hi All,

I had to tell some one, so I'm telling everyone... As I was watching BBC The Sky At Night June 2018 episode I was pleasantly surprised 12 and a half minutes into the show when my photo of Jupiter popped up....

This is the second time one of my pictures has been shown in a program, the other time was on the Stargazing Live program in 2017 where my Carina Nebula was shown by Brian Cox...

Back in August 2015, my Saturn image was also included on The Sky at Night Gallery... stoked. 

• Like 27

Wow an accolade indeed!  Well done, Sir! Not surprised though, a very nice image.

• Like 1

Wow, nice one MG, well done may you have many more. it makes us proud when one of our own gets shown. charl.

• Like 1

And a lovely image it was too. 

Pity about the bloke wittering on in the background though - ha ha!

Pete

• Haha 2

Please don't let the fame go to your head, you being a Star now an all ?

In reality, nice one.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Starman said:

And a lovely image it was too. 

Pity about the bloke wittering on in the background though - ha ha!

Pete

He's ok, had to explain about the GRS for viewers less familiar or just starting in the subject.

5 hours ago, Alan White said:

Please don't let the fame go to your head, you being a Star now an all ?

In reality, nice one.

Of course it won't get to my head... I won't even charge for autographs. ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MarsG76 said:

He's ok, had to explain about the GRS for viewers less familiar or just starting in the subject.

Aw, thanks for being so understanding ?

Pete

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Starman said:

Aw, thanks for being so understanding ?

Pete

Wait, hang on.. are you Pete Lawrence.. THE Pete Lawrence?

Ha ha - I don't know about the 'THE' but yes and thanks for being so polite in your initial reply - thinking about it that could have gone horribly wrong! We really appreciate amateur images on the show so thanks for your great Jupiter image as well. 

Pete

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Starman said:

Ha ha - I don't know about the 'THE' but yes and thanks for being so polite in your initial reply - thinking about it that could have gone horribly wrong! We really appreciate amateur images on the show so thanks for your great Jupiter image as well. 

Pete

No, thank you for displaying it... it's moments like these that make us, well... me at least feel a sense of accomplishment or reaching a certain level in the hobby...

Back in August 2015... S@N put up my, that years, image of Saturn in the gallery.... and last year Brian Cox chose my Carina Nebula image to show on Stargazing Live...

Congratulations  Mariusz!....Just spotted this thread and I managed to be featured too at 15.35 with an IR effort inc Europa & Io - captured mid May! Had the programme recorded for later but was tipped off on Twitter!! Lol! Once again congratulations!!

Best regards,

Ralph

• Like 1