Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Dave Mole

Hello from North Staffs

Hello to everyone here, I'm Dave from North Staffs UK, total beginner so any help and advise will be greatly appreciated. I know virtually nothing about astronomy but always had an interest, I nearly bought a telescope about 20 years back but never did although I was given some good advice by a shop assistant who pointed me in the direction of a Tal 1 after explaining how good it was in comparison to similar priced scopes at the time, well I never forgot that conversation and many years later {3 weeks ago) I finally bought an immaculate Tal 1 off e-bay for £32, absolute bargain!, I've given it a quick clean, greased all threads and I'm ready to go, I've had a couple of Moon viewings so far and love it just need to learn how to get the most out of what I've bought.

• Like 1

Hello and a warm welcome to the SGL. Enjoy your scope and don’t be afraid to ask questions.

Hello there and welcome, I know very little to but am picking up quite a bit of knowledge from on here. 

Hello and welcome to SGL, hope you enjoy your time with us, see you around the forums.

Clear Sky's.

Hi, Dave, and welcome to SGL.

The TALs were built like tanks and last as long. If the optics are in reasonable condition, £32 is a mega-bargain.

Enjoy the journey.

eh yup Dave ow atner nah...orate er wat?....where abouts are you?

lots of info on here to help you along...

On 24/06/2018 at 16:41, estwing said:

eh yup Dave ow atner nah...orate er wat?....where abouts are you?

lots of info on here to help you along...

Hey up Duck!, I recognise that accent......?  Not far from you good self, I'm in Bucknall, I used to work in Cheadle a few years back so fairly familiar with the area.

• Like 1

Welcome Dave, from land down under

You travel the universe in this forum, and share with others

Do not be afraid also to rock up one night to your local astronomy club/association

Members only too happy to show you their set-up, and have info nights as well

John