Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron astromaster 130 eq md or star tracker 150/750mm eqlll (eq2 heavy version) or skywatcher 150/750 mm eqlll(eq2 heavy version) ?

Hi Krishnam.  Well it really depends on what you want to do.   Do you want to take photography, if so, just with a camera and lens, or with a scope.  Do you just want to do observing.  What is your budget?  

Carole 

7 hours ago, carastro said:

Hi Krishnam.  Well it really depends on what you want to do.   Do you want to take photography, if so, just with a camera and lens, or with a scope.  Do you just want to do observing.  What is your budget?  

Carole 

I only want to observe planets and dso . Presently i have celestron firstscope and now i want to observe the sky in a litte more detail . My budget is 25k rupees

25k as in 25,000 Rupees?  that is a lot of money Krishnam.  

I would never recommend any of those Manual EQ mounts, they are flimsy, and difficult to use.  If you are wanting to do observing and not photography I would recommend an Alt Azimuth mount and if you can stretch to it a motorised version which will track as well.

I don't know what is available to you in India, so see what you can find in the way of an Alt/Az mount and post again.

Carole 

54 minutes ago, carastro said:

25k as in 25,000 Rupees?  that is a lot of money Krishnam.  

I would never recommend any of those Manual EQ mounts, they are flimsy, and difficult to use.  If you are wanting to do observing and not photography I would recommend an Alt Azimuth mount and if you can stretch to it a motorised version which will track as well.

I don't know what is available to you in India, so see what you can find in the way of an Alt/Az mount and post again.

Carole 

Should i go for a dobsonian - star tracker by gso 6" dobsonian (153/1200 mm) ?

23 minutes ago, Krishnam kalra said:

Should i go for a dobsonian - star tracker by gso 6" dobsonian (153/1200 mm) ?

Yes. Or the Skywatcher 6" dobsonian. Both should be equally as good. Both have a (2"/1.25" focuser, but the Skywatcher is supplied with the typical 10mm and 25mm eyepieces. The GSO is supplied with two plossl eyepieces (9mm and 25mm) which should be better than the Skywatcher's.

14 minutes ago, Cornelius Varley said:

Yes. Or the Skywatcher 6" dobsonian. Both should be equally as good. Both have a (2"/1.25" focuser, but the Skywatcher is supplied with the typical 10mm and 25mm eyepieces. The GSO is supplied with two plossl eyepieces (9mm and 25mm) which should be better than the Skywatcher's.

Have you visited the site in the link mentioned above ?I mean plz see the model and help me accordingly . Its not pure gso but it is star tracker by gso . 

11 minutes ago, Krishnam kalra said:

Have you visited the site in the link mentioned above ?I mean plz see the model and help me accordingly . Its not pure gso but it is star tracker by gso . 

Yes I did look at both telescopes

http://www.tejraj.com/startracker-6inch-dob.html

http://www.skywatcher-india.com/Product/ProductSpecFeature/456

Archived