Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

4.2 kg scope on eq2

The Orion EQ2 (same mount) has a payload capacity of 9lbs (4.02 kg). The maximum recommended size telescope for the mount is a 130mm reflector. Above this the mount will cause the telescope to vibrate when touched or affected by wind. The time before the vibrations cease may make the telescope unusable at higher magnifications.

I'm guessing this is the Star Tracker 150 / 750 Eq2? Generally speaking its thought that the tubular stainless legged tripods are better than the lighter box section aluminium items, however its my view that at the smaller lightweight end of the things (CG3/EQ2) you are better off with the aluminium tripod which you have. My thoughts on this are that the box section legs are much easier to work with in terms of any DIY modifications. To give it a bit more more weight you can fill part of the legs with something suitable like lead shot or dry sand. I made a better accessory tray/spreader and changed the position of its attachment to the legs to add better stability.  As to the EQ2 mount itself, it is probably on the light side and a bit wobbly for the 6" scope but just make sure all is tightened up (not over tightened) OK, I would be surprised if anything broke. If it did I would be onto the suppliers directly to complain of selling something that was not fit for purpose. The EQ3 mount is better mount altogether and EQ5 of course better still but that is for another day. The 6" scope should be a vast improvement on your smaller scope and bring a lot of pleasure. 

3 hours ago, Alfian said:

I'm guessing this is the Star Tracker 150 / 750 Eq2? Generally speaking its thought that the tubular stainless legged tripods are better than the lighter box section aluminium items, however its my view that at the smaller lightweight end of the things (CG3/EQ2) you are better off with the aluminium tripod which you have. My thoughts on this are that the box section legs are much easier to work with in terms of any DIY modifications. To give it a bit more more weight you can fill part of the legs with something suitable like lead shot or dry sand. I made a better accessory tray/spreader and changed the position of its attachment to the legs to add better stability.  As to the EQ2 mount itself, it is probably on the light side and a bit wobbly for the 6" scope but just make sure all is tightened up (not over tightened) OK, I would be surprised if anything broke. If it did I would be onto the suppliers directly to complain of selling something that was not fit for purpose. The EQ3 mount is better mount altogether and EQ5 of course better still but that is for another day. The 6" scope should be a vast improvement on your smaller scope and bring a lot of pleasure. 

No , its skywatcher 150/750mm which im buying from www.tejraj.com .

41 minutes ago, Krishnam kalra said:

No , its skywatcher 150/750mm which im buying from www.tejraj.com .

They are exactly the same scope as far as I can see :icon_scratch:

"Skywatcher 150/750":

http://www.tejraj.com/skywatcher150x750.html

"Star Tracker 150/750":

https://www.indiamart.com/proddetail/star-tracker-150-750-eq2-reflector-telescope-4797296597.html

The EQ2 mount won't actually break but will be challenged to hold the scope steady if there is any wind or at high magnifications. In due course you will get more from the scope by putting it onto a sturdier mounting such as the EQ3-2 or the EQ5.

Its my guess they come from the same supplier, Synta?, in the same way that Orion US, Celestron and Skywatcher are very similar and could be that this variant has been made for the Indian market. The mount is almost certainly what was the EQ3 before the EQ3-2 came along, which is different. It looks a little more substantial than what we know as the EQ2 which would be a good thing, I hope I'm right. Given that there are now two threads discussing the same thing  perhaps it would be best just to continue one see link.

9 hours ago, Alfian said:

Its my guess they come from the same supplier, Synta?, in the same way that Orion US, Celestron and Skywatcher are very similar and could be that this variant has been made for the Indian market. The mount is almost certainly what was the EQ3 before the EQ3-2 came along, which is different. It looks a little more substantial than what we know as the EQ2 which would be a good thing, I hope I'm right. Given that there are now two threads discussing the same thing  perhaps it would be best just to continue one see link.

Yes you are right . In the description it is written eqlll ( heavy version of eq2).

Archived