SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Longest day , plenty action.

cotterless45

Great pics as usual Nick...

I'm watching on Slooh using the Canary 5 telescope... 

Living in a first floor flat and not having either a garden or solar scope - Slooh is brilliant for me! I can watch in stunning detail and the focus drifts in and out.

There is an article in this months Astronomy Now about imaging using the scopes by Nik Szymanek (He knows a bit about imaging ?) The good thing about Canary 5 is that it's rarely offline with bad weather, one thing is I can't see any proms... But it's a great conversation piece when guests arrive... plus it's always red hot in my flat!!!!

IMG_20180621_104635.jpg

IMG_20180621_105016.jpg

IMG_20180621_105230.jpg

Theres a more subtle active area plus a small spot close to the W limb as well - separate activity area I guess  ?

Two outreach sessions recently and the Sun was as plain as a pikestaff - today it's packed with activity :smiley:

Thanks for the heads-up Nick.

I just popped out with a pair of budget Celestron Eclipsmart 10x25mm Solar binoculars that @BinocularSky mentioned on another thread and I could clearly see the two regions forming AR2715, but obviously couldn't see any detail at 10x mag.

Will try to get the scope out tonight when I get home from work.

1 hour ago, AdeKing said:

I just popped out with a pair of budget Celestron Eclipsmart 10x25mm Solar binoculars that @BinocularSky mentioned on another thread and I could clearly see the two regions forming AR2715, but obviously couldn't see any detail at 10x mag.

& thanks @AdeKing for tagging me - just done the same. ?

Archived