SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Still PHD issues!

So the guiding is working now, both in ST-4 or pulse. I now cant seem to hold a guide star for any length of time though and I have NEVER had this issue before. I've been successfully using PHD for 2 years and its always been great. I calibrate it guides, I get one or two subs then I'm either getting low SNR message when the star is clearly visible or it's just simply lost. I really am geting frustrated. The new laptop is Windows 10 with USB 3, my camera is the old USB 2 so I updated the firmware.

I've attached a guide log if anyone can have a look for me please?

Steve

PHD2_GuideLog_2018-06-19_205605.txt

Nothing jumps out as the cause of your problem. One thing that comes to mind is the ASI120 split screen issue. 

Best I can suggest right now is to turn on "Enable diagnostic image logging" on the Global tab and switch on the various options there. Set "Until this count is reached" to, say, 10 or 20 so you get one of the spiking events. I would then head over to the PHD2 forum and upload your guide log, debug log and lost star images. This problem likely needs the debug log to be examined so you need the real experts to have a look. Theres a link at https://openphdguiding.org/getting-help/

The only other things of note are you large pixel scale (4.93"/px) along with MinMo of 0.19 means you don't issue guide pulses until the error reaches more than 0.8" and your PA error si quite high at around 15'. But neither of those seems related to the lost stars.

Archived