Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_celestial_motion.thumb.jpg.a9e9349c45f96ed7928eb32f1baf76ed.jpg

Petar b

COMPLETED - Eq2, Ts super plossl 6mm

Hi Peter

Does the EQ2 include the tripod?  I'm interested in the size of the thread that is showing in the light brown area is it the same as a standard camera mount?  Shame you are in Croatia I bet it will be an arm and a leg to post it - can you find out how much it all weighs - I can't price the postage without that to see if it is prohibitive.

39 minutes ago, JOC said:

Hi Peter

Does the EQ2 include the tripod?  I'm interested in the size of the thread that is showing in the light brown area is it the same as a standard camera mount?  Shame you are in Croatia I bet it will be an arm and a leg to post it - can you find out how much it all weighs - I can't price the postage without that to see if it is prohibitive.

I have had the same mount in the past, and can confirm it is a standard 1/4" tripod thread.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jimmyjamjoejoe said:

can confirm it is a standard 1/4" tripod thread

That would go on my baby vixen. Mind you I think the postage will make it prohibitive, I've just seen how relatively cheaply they can be bought for new.

15 hours ago, Petar b said:

The mount includes the tripod

?  Have we found out how much it weighs yet?

Mmmm....that's £26 postage - a shame that's not really economic vs. the cost of a new one.