SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Saturn under poor condition, 14 June 2018

TareqPhoto

This is the best i can have from my scope on this 2nd giant but small planet less bright than the main 4 planets [Ju/Sa/Ma/Ve], i feel it is like a poor seeing condition because i saw a better image from one big name and he stated it was a poor seeing, then mine is definitely poorer compared to his, also i saw a video where it shows how good the planet before processing, so it means mine isn't under good seeing, but i really don't know if it is really my scope or it is really the seeing condition, but many liked it and i liked it because it is the best i can get in my life of this planet so far, and i told them i will never give up until i get ready for bigger scopes so i push myself too much to master it in short time.

I know it is upside down but i don't care, i care that it is still small size, and this is with 600x600, if i do 400x400 it will be worse, i tried that and the result wasn't better, so i don't know if i can really do much better than this even in good seeing condition.

Skywatcher 180mm Mak, ASI385MC, thousands of frames.

00_26_06_lapl3_ap4.jpg

1 hour ago, barkis said:

Poor seeing notwithstanding, this is a very good image of the ringed planet.
You should be feeling quite pleased  with your work here.
Very nice indeed.

Thank you very much!

I wasn't pleased until i posted on the net here and there and getting a lot of likes and comments, by then only i felt pleased, but this will be difficult as by now i should make it even better next times, i will try to choose only good seeing nights results, but really i think a large scope will make the job easier to get better results.

14 minutes ago, Grotemobile said:

That is very good. Betting than I am getting 

in the UK @ the moment.

Thanks!

Reading or hearing comments like that making me to feel relax that i am doing good, as when i see those mind blowing images then i feel i am nothing and i have very very long way to go, and i really don't know if i will keep going until that long way, not always i will have that long time to reach higher levels, but if i can have high end items to use then this will force me to use it and enjoy it and definitely will improve rapidly.

18 minutes ago, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

Excellent image. Not able to get anything near that good with roughly the same aperture from here at the moment. Saturn is WAY too low in the sky right now. Will have to wait some years for things to get better

somehow i feel lucky about astronomy from my yard then, i can get targets such as planets high enough, i mean looking at 4 main or popular planets they are all possible and high in the sky, the moon is always clear only few nights and not cloudy nights, so i now will focus on DSO targets and see how many i can get from my yard, i hope to get galaxies at least.

12 hours ago, morimarty said:

Thats a very nice tidy Saturn image Tareq . Next time you are imaging Saturn try a 2x barlow to up the image scale it just might bring out a bit more detail for you?

I don't have a high quality 2x Barlow, only cheap stock one, but i will give it a try, i have TeleVue 3x Barlow which is a high quality but it didn't give good quality, so i assumed that with the Mak it is not possible with any Barlow for more details, it is already f15 natively, so with 2x it will F30, and with 3x it is f45, many said to keep f at around f18 to f22 with my camera pixel size, but i am planning to buy TeleVue 2x Powermate as many said that it is much better quality than standard Barlows.

7 hours ago, MarsG76 said:

poor seeing or not, looks great to me. well done.

Thanks!

7 hours ago, MarsG76 said:

thats the attitude to have to always improve and beat your own personal best.

Yes, but i still think aperture or focal length rules, so i want to buy larger to have better results then i will definitely give up smaller shorter scopes.

4 hours ago, orion25 said:

WOW! That's an awesome Saturn, Tareq! Keep up the good work! I need to get a ZWO camera!

Reggie ;) 

Thank you!

Yes, you should, it will give you nice results than what you have already unless it is already nice camera from another brand rival/competitor to ZWO.

2 hours ago, TareqPhoto said:

focal length rules

In planetary imaging that is a definite YES, as long as you don't push it past the limit of your optics and the seeing. I find that during the best seeing my 8" SCT gives me the best results at around 7000mm focal length.

8 hours ago, MarsG76 said:

In planetary imaging that is a definite YES, as long as you don't push it past the limit of your optics and the seeing. I find that during the best seeing my 8" SCT gives me the best results at around 7000mm focal length.

The best images i saw were from either SCT 8" and larger or from a Newtonian that has focal length 1500mm and larger, so i will end up with one, definitely not 8" or 11" SCT but 14" i hope, and if Newtonian maybe 16" minimum.

On 19/06/2018 at 15:11, astroman001 said:

Very nice Saturn. Take lots of image sequences and de-rotate them in WinJupos. That is a good method for Saturn. Maybe 20-30 minutes total in 3-4 min bursts.

Peter

Thank you Peter!

I will try that one day, but really i am not interested to give my Mak too much work, for planets i really wish to have either SCT or Newtonian [Dons] larger ofcourse, not in rush though, hope one day soon.

Archived