Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Just South of Reading UK

Laurin Dave

Hello from Swallowfield

Hello everyone, well I’ve finally got around to joining up… been interested in Astronomy since I was a boy back in the sixties and used a scope my Dad made out of a Kodak Aero Ektar reconnaissance lens. More recently I got a 10” Meade LX50 for my 40th,  a great scope but somewhat difficult to move about as I got older and over time it gathered plenty of dust.  However, 18 Months ago we visited Kielder Observatory with some friends and met Gary Fildes and his team.. they were the inspiration I needed and a year ago my Pulsar observatory was installed currently housing the 10” SCT or a William Optics GTF81 or sometimes both on a Skywatcher AZEQ-6.  A few photos of M31 later and I was completely hooked.  Luckily, I am now retired so late nights aren’t that much of a problem… and this fantastic hobby gives me plenty to do.   Looking forward to sharing knowledge and insights with you all and the arrival of a Mesu200 and a Skywatcher Esprit 150 for the new season. In the meantime, I’m learning how to image the planets.

All the best

Dave

Hi Laurin Dave.

I'm a good few clicks north of you, i am near Nottinghamshire.

Welcome to Stargazers Lounge, it is the 1st & best place to come regarding Astronomy and meeting real nice like minded people.

Mark

Archived