Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss.thumb.jpg.5b348d6a5e7f27bdcb79e9356b7fc03b.jpg

FenlandPaul

Deal or no deal

Buy the Skywatcher 200p and EQ5 as a bundle and spend £1 more than buying them separately!!

5DB40935-6946-4FBE-AE4F-19DD8F9043B4.thumb.jpeg.511896820b121acde269be74751dbcc9.jpeg

Sadly I see that a lot when shopping. Twin packs costing more than 2 single packs, 650g costing more per kilo than 450g etc etc. :(

Edited by RichM63
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RichM63 said:

Sadly I see that a lot when shopping. Twin packs costing more than 2 single packs, 650g costing more per kilo than 450g etc etc. :(

I’m fairly sure it must be an error here, in fairness to OVL. The other bundles on the page save money vs the sum of the parts.

• Like 1

I've seen that in supermarkets too - you need your wits about you when shopping!!

• Like 2

When we do our large shop on a Saturday, and I mean large (There's only the two of us too), my good lady won't exit the store until she has checked the receipt with a fine toothed comb. She has found errors on many occasions, and often quite large ones..

It's not surprising these mistakes are made, considering the speed  the till operator swipes the items across the code reader, sometimes making more than two passes for the same item, not having heard the beep supposedly.

I get a bit exasperated waiting until she gets back what's due, but I have to agree that she won't stand for being fleeced. ?

• Like 1

The Supermarkets are also keen on putting bargain looking highlighted prices on meat and poultry but if you look at the small print it refers to per kilo rather than the total price of the item.

• Like 1

We go to Morrison's and as well as the normal price on things they also list the price per weight/volume. Many times I have had to whip the calculator out to find out their multipack/2 for 1/3 for 2 deals are more expensive than buying individually. I don't believe it's an error either...

SRP = Suggested Retail Price... or as per the ad... silly retail price. ?

Edited by Philip R
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

It takes me half hour to order pizzas online because I end sifting through all the different deals and permutations to get the best price. It’s quite surprising how much the price can vary.

When it comes to something I'll eat it isn't price it's quality. The best price item might be the worst consumption experience.

• Like 1