SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Show us - something that reminds you of this great hobby

Peco4321

Inspired by a stone on the beach my daughter thought resembled Jupiter, here's a chance just for fun to show pictures of every day things that remind you of our great hobby, anything in the solar system or deep space or equipment, whatever. 

So here are 2 stones from off the beach, Jupiter, and M57, the Ring Nebula. 

IMG_8533.JPG

IMG_8542.JPG

Can't show you, but in ye olde sweete shoppe & newsagents...

Mars, Milky Way, Milky Way Magic Stars, Starburst, Galaxy, sherbert filled UFO's/Flying Saucers, After Eight, Orbit.  

I want to take you back to Christmas 1985. My other half and I have been married 6 months and we are off to a fancy dress party. My other half decides to go as Halleys Comet to mark the 1985/96 return. We did actually manage to see the real comet a few times with a 6" newtonian that I'd managed to save up for. 33 years on, we are still together :wub: (my other half that is, the scope went years ago !):

penhalley.jpg

A birthday card I recently received.

Two penguins lying flat on the ice looking at a starry sky.

Penguin 1:

"What do those stars in the sky mean to you Eric?"

Eric:

"They mean someone's nicked the ruddy igloo"

?

Ah, found the cartoon here:  https://www.calendarclub.co.uk/humour/comics-and-cartoons/eric-the-penguin-easel-calendar-2018-r201682

31 minutes ago, barkis said:

They will, now you have paved the way ?.

My apologies in advance for any inappropriate comments (or images) that I may have inadvertently prompted in any way then in this post! ;) 

or should that be a :( 

1 hour ago, John said:

I want to take you back to Christmas 1985. My other half and I have been married 6 months and we are off to a fancy dress party. My other half decides to go as Halleys Comet to mark the 1985/96 return. We did actually manage to see the real comet a few times with a 6" newtonian that I'd managed to save up for. 33 years on, we are still together :wub: (my other half that is, the scope went years ago !):

penhalley.jpg

What great memories, but where's the picture of you in your fancy dress ?

Steve

A couple of weeks ago Mike and I celebrated our 26th wedding anniversary.  We were going out for a meal, but decided it would be good to do something on the afternoon too.  I had a 'bright' idea about going fossil hunting on a beach close to the Tapas Bar we were to eat in.  All great, until on the day it lashed down with rain!!  So.... we decided to put our waterproofs on and go anyway!!  It was very quiet, but we laughed and got soaked.  The fossil hunting wasn't very successful (the first time we'd tried it), but then on the way back to the car I spotted this stone.  A star and a heart - perfect!! Undoubtedly a far more memorable occasion than if the weather had been good ?

Helen

IMG_20180525_163401.thumb.jpg.568c185632ffdfb1bdd74f2fe84e7fd2.jpg 

Archived