Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Celestron AVX mount with Maxim DL

geoffoto

Does anyone have experience with Maxim DL and the Celestron AVX mount?  My problem is I can't calibrate my guide cam in Maxim.  I've traced this to a special driver Celestron created for talking to Maxim and I have it installed.  Special instructions for this driver say to use Maxim's Observatory window to connect the mount to the driver.  On the Observatory window under Setup is a list of devices to connect to and "Telescope" shows "Celestron Telescope Driver".  Perfect.  Except that it doesn't connect.  

The upshot is that calibration fails because the telescope moves <5 pixels.  

This problem has been a nightmare for over a year. (Yes, a year.)  Failing an answer to the above, I am about to look for another mount.   Any recommendations in a comparable price range (~ $800)? 

Hi Geoff

It's  not clear to me if the mount is not moving at all, or moving but less than 5 pixels?

If the latter, the screen shots in Celestron's instructions for guiding with DL suggest to me you can increase some of the settings to make it move further.

If the former, try this:

https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/612179-auto-guiding-celestron-avx-mount/

Michael 

Thanks.  I will definitely try that setup.  

So where did you find Celestron's instructions for guiding with DL?  I have tried increasing some settings per tech support - with no luck.  Maybe there's more? 

Archived