Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M27 The Dumbbell Nebula

Rattler

Another practice with data from the Faulkes Telescope Project.

Messier 27 The Dumbbell Nebula
Type- Planetary Nebula
Location- Vulpecula
Distance- 1360 light years
Faulkes Telescope Project
Scope- 2 meter (78.8") Ritchey-Chretie
90 second exposures in RGB
Stacked and processed in Pixinsight 1.8 and PS

Data supplied for teaching use by Pete Williamson FRAS - Faulkes Telescope Project Consultant .
This data is only available to education services, such as schools, colleges and universities. I was given this data to learn and to practice image processing.

Huge thanks to Pete Williamson.

Faulkes Telescope Project- LCO operates a network of research class robotic telescopes. Currently there are two 2-m telescopes, one in Hawaii and the other in Australia and a number of 1-m telescopes at sites across the world. For more up-to-date information on their location, visit the LCO website here. These telescopes are available to teachers to use as part of their curricular or extra-curricular activities and are fully supported by a range of educational materials and a team of educators and professional astronomers.

http://www.faulkes-telescope.com/

Final.png

15 minutes ago, Mick J said:

Very nice,  fills the frame and has a transparency with the central stars still seen,  good description as well, many thanks.

Cheers Mick. I'm still in my early stages of both imaging and processing. Having this kind if data to practice and learn more about processing is great.

Great image, the larger scale gives it a kind of 3D quality, which I like. I too find using good data while learning image processing removes a lot of the frustration I experience when using my own less than perfect subs. It also motivates me to try and improve the quality of the subs that I capture.

Archived