Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_constellations.thumb.jpg.6034fe99df7fe590f77a776877551964.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
lnlarxg

Slew limits error? NEQ6 Pro

Wondering if anyone had the same issues and knows the cause and solutions

After what I think is correct setting up, occasionally my NEQ6 Pro refuses to slew to an object positioned high up in the visible sky.  

That’s after fairly accurately polar alignment (I manually slewed it to point to M13 Hercules Cluster and it tracks it dead center for hours), 3 stars alignment was also successful where the mount found all stars fairly accurately, and I have also set slew limit to be disabled

Any idea? Is it just a through and through fault with my mount?

i use a very simple 12v 5amp AC to DC adapter bought from Maplin (cheaply as they are closing down), it’s not regulated a power supply.  It seems to power my 300p GoTo dob with no issues.

thanks 

If you are running eqmod then untick mount limits. Although if a clash i likely then I would set up the limits correctly.

23 minutes ago, lnlarxg said:

i use a very simple 12v 5amp AC to DC adapter bought from Maplin (cheaply as they are closing down), it’s not regulated a power supply.  It seems to power my 300p GoTo dob with no issues.

Using a unregulated psu is not a good idea. The nature of the design means that the psu develops a fixed amount of power (V x A) . If the load on the psu increases ( A ) the voltage output ( V ) decreases. If the voltages drops too much the mount will start behaving erratically.